Tuesday, February 2, 2010

How can i stop chewing my nails and peeling nail polish off?

I have chewed my nails for idk how long now. i stopped chewing my nails for like a month one time. and everytime i paint my nails i chew peel the nail polish off. Help!!!! what can i do 2 stop chewing my nails????!!!!!!!!!How can i stop chewing my nails and peeling nail polish off?
Get acrylic nails, professionally , I've met so many people who have them because they bite their nails.How can i stop chewing my nails and peeling nail polish off?
Method 1:


MAVALA Stop! It's a clear nail polish that has a very distinct bitter taste to it. as soon as you start to bite the taste takes makes you not to. its called MAVALA Stop and yo can get it at a drug store like rite aid or somthing.





Method 2:


if you have money get acrylic nails. That's how I broke my nail biting habbit. Acrylics make it so your nails aren't there for you to bite, therefor your desire to bite them is not there. but you have to maintain them for however long it takes for you to not have the desire to bite them on your own and without the acrylics.





Method 3:


you can try putting some type of dark colored ink on them that washes off easily. So if you bite your nails the ink will be transfered to your mouth. knowing this should prevent you from putting your fingers in your mouth because you don't want to look like an idiot with ink all over your mouth. the only problem with this is you might have to reapply the ink after washing hands.





Method 4:


Keep your hands busy. Carry a little container of play dough or string to make lanyards or a game boy or anything that will keep your hands busy. Keep it in your pocket or purse and have it with you at all times. Unless your hands are busy with something, like writing, typing, eating, etc...you can keep them busy with silly putty or whatever you choose.





Method 5:


wear mittens or gloves! i guess this one would only work if it is cold out





Method 6:


Chew gum! your mouth will be busy chewing gum which will make you less likely to start chewing on your nails
Try chewing gum to keep your teeth busy. You could also put Tabasco or a little bit of a type of drink you hate in your nail polish. If neither of these suggestions help, try putting petroleum jelly, hairspray, soap, or clear coat nail polish over your painted nails. These things will taste horrible, which will make you want to stop biting. If you find yourself biting them, put another coat on. If there's still no luck, buy fake nails. You'll have to keep paying and paying for more if you keep biting. Finally you'll realize that by bitig you are losing money.
I have the same problem...I CAN'T stop. I've tried, it doesn't work. The only option for me is getting fake nails put on. I'm doomed to paying a nail salon for the rest of my life. Lol
I used to have the same problem!





you can buy special nail polish that has a really bad taste when you try to bite your nails. it really works!





good luck
Get acrylic nails they help a lot I had that problem too but with acrylic nails it's hard to chew on them -ash
Chewing Gum!!!





That's how one of my really good friends stopped.
It's way old fashioned, but my mom put hot sauce in nail polish. It might help for the chewing
put some hot sauce on them and it has to be hot
chew gum. or other random objects

No comments:

Post a Comment