Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Peeling and flaking nails?

I am right handed and on my right hand my index and middle finger peel and flake extremely bad. Like last week my middle finger peeled all the way back to my cuticle. I have heard a number of reasons for this ranging from fungus to lack of vitamins. I want to know what the medical reason is for this happening and how can i fix it... I've tried pre natel vitamins, I've tried sally hansen triple strong, I've tried a number of other hardners as well and I just don't know what to do anymore. the rest of my nails are usually fine other than the occasional chip or crack...


Any suggestions? What is the medical reason for this happening?Peeling and flaking nails?
I'm thinking it's probably:





Onychorrhexis


Refers to Split or Brittle nails that also have a series of lengthwise ridges. It can be caused by chemicals, injury to the fingers, excessive use of cuticle solvents, nail polish removers. This condition may be corrected by softening the nails with a reconditioning treatment.





I have my nail clients use Sensitive %26amp; Peeling Nail Envy





Formaldehyde-free formula protects against peeling with antioxidant Vitamin E and Kukui Nut Oil, soothes sensitive nails with Aloe Vera.





I hope this helps you!Peeling and flaking nails?
psoriasis???
what you need is a hand and nail creme for this

No comments:

Post a Comment