Thursday, February 11, 2010

Why do I always feel the urge to peel off my eyebrows and eat them, and bite my nails?

I don't feel stressed out, because it's summer, but I have been biting my nails since 2nd grade (I'm about to go into 8th) and any attempts I have made to stop have been futile.


I always am doing both of these things without thinking about them, and, as you would imagine, the number of times that this happens raises drastically when I'm under stress.Why do I always feel the urge to peel off my eyebrows and eat them, and bite my nails?
Pulling out your eyebrows is a disorder called trichotillomania and yes it is related to and caused by the same thing as nail biting. Doctors called these behaviors impulse control disorders. Even if you are out for summer and you don't feel over stressed, you might have a natural level of anxiety that is going on 24-7 and you just don't notice it. What psychologists will do for this is give you therapy and teach you other ways of relieving anxiety that is not harmful. The eyebrow thing is something that you are going to want to get over because people with trichotillomania frequently end up with bald patches from the constant damage caused by picking out hairs. People with this disorder end up having to use makeup or cosmetic tattooing to cover the bald spots. Some people also pull hair out of their head and end up wearing wigs for the rest of their lives. Here is a link to a page that goes into detail about this behavior: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trichotillo鈥?/a>Why do I always feel the urge to peel off my eyebrows and eat them, and bite my nails?
Tabasco nail polish


I know you're a guy, do it before school starts or over the weekend of when you won't see anyone





I was on the pacifier til i was 5, and to get me off of it, my mama put Tabasco on one and left it on the Table, and sure enough i found it, and i have not touched one since!
Hey im going into 8th also
its called a bad habit..its normal everybody does something..just try to quit best you can..thats all you can do.good luck
biting the nails has always been a stress related factor for me...but the eyebrow part is just FREAKY
You should see a doctor to find out why exactly you do this. Best of luck.
The eyebrow part is totally normal,





but BITING your NAILS!?!





Gross!
who the **** pulls out their eyebrows and eats them
Wow in a weird way that turns me on about the eyebrows
Maybe you're made of chocolate.
ur eyebrows that discusting u need help go see aconcluder NOW
Well the best thing I can think of is to cut off the ends of ur fingers. :D
you have serious problems !!!!freak
ok man


u need help , and i repeat MAJOR HELP


see a doc he will help you

No comments:

Post a Comment