Sunday, February 7, 2010

Peeling Nails??

I have always bitten my nails until about 3 years ago. (I'm 24). They are long and very strong. Until about 2 weeks ago. They are peeling like an onion. Not splitting down the nail, but rather flaking right at the longest point. This is frustrating b/c the used to be beautiful and now I have to cut them back so they stop. Any suggestions on what it could be? I would like this problem to stop ASAP. I do type a lot at work. Maybe this has something to do with it. Educated answers only please.Peeling Nails??
It may be due to improper filing of the nail. Make sure when you file the nail you go in one direction. Start with the roughest side of the emery board and then finish off (still in the same direction) with the finer side. Finish off with a good polish. You may want to try Nailtiques formula 2. I used this when I had my acrylic nails removed. Put a coat on each day for 7 days. Then remove and start again for another 7 - and so on. It sure helped my nails.





Since you do a lot of typing, keep your nails at a medium to shorter length.





I doubt that it is a nail fungus as the fungus lodges in the bed of the nail and not on the tip.Peeling Nails??
Eat right. Take vitamins. Use a good lotion. Don't use nail clippers. Use an emery board but file in one direction only. Keep polish off for a while to let your nails breathe.
Flaking of this type is an indication that you have a nail fungus that can only be treated with a prescribed anti-fungal medication. I'm sure you've seen the commercial with the little gremlin-like fungi living in and under your nails, well, that's what you have and the faster you treat it the better!

No comments:

Post a Comment