Wednesday, February 10, 2010

How can I prevent my nail polish from peeling the next day?

I like when my nails are painted but they always seem to peel the next day. The polish seems to lift up around the edges of my nail and I can pull it off. What am I doing wrong? I like using clear polish. I use a base coat and then top coat when dry. Are my nails oily and that prevents the polish from 'sticking' to my nails? Thanks.How can I prevent my nail polish from peeling the next day?
putting a top and a bottom clear coat on makes the polish layer to heavy which is why it strips off alot


just stick to put ur coloured polish on then putting a top coat.


my sis uses nail strengthener on top and hers seems to stay on for a long timeHow can I prevent my nail polish from peeling the next day?
don't use cheap nail polish, and don't put too many coats. you only need 2 coats.
Lightly buff your nails prior to applying any polish.
brush your nails with a nail brush, plain ivory soap and water...dry your hands completely.


make sure that your nails have no oil on them.


thin coats of polish: 1 base, 2 coats colour, 1 topcoat.


let each coat of polish dry completely before adding the next one.


keep your hands away from water for at least 8 hours.
Buy Sally Hensens nail polish chip remover. It makes nails strong, healthy, and from not getting chipped!
You could put a layer of clear coat over the polish and that helps the polish last longer!
each coat you apply needs to dry thoroughly, if the base coat is still tacky and you apply another coat over the top of it, it peels. Give it 5-10 min each coat. also don't apply no hand cream after cause the oil might make it lift. another good tip is to wipe the nail plate with nail varnish remover first it removes excess oil, hope this helps
Maybe you just need to put 1 coat of nail polish and 1 coat of clear polish. Or maybe your nail polish is too thick.
I usually have the same problem. I also use a base and top coat. Of course, polish always does wonderful on acrylic nails. However, I asked the nail tech the problem. Natural nails are much oilier, therefore it is more difficult for polish to adhere and stay put for a length of time. I'm not sure what brand of polish you are using, but use a better brand like Orly or OPI. When applying the top coat, make sure you coat the tips and around the edges of your nails. Also, apply the top coat to underneath your nails. This may help seal in the color and keep out oils alittle longer than a day. I hope this helps. Good luck.
First, gently buff your nails all over with a very soft nail file, to give a little texture for the polish to stick to. Then wipe your nails with alcohol or polish remover before painting them.





Avoid applying lotion to your hands for as long as possible after painting. Use a high-quality polish too. It really makes a difference. Get OPI if you can.
Prrofessional manicurists often add a layer of something-or-other that helps to keep polish from chipping. I don't know what it is, though.
Maybe change the brand of all the polishes you use.. including the base and top coat.
Do not use cheap nail polish. Use Sally hudson nail polish. It works very well and does not peel or chip off for a while.
get your nails in a bowl of lemon juice ....hope i help
Put a layer of top coat protection on the painted nail.You can get that at your local wal-mart.
You can do as a few other people have mentioned and lightly buff your nails first before applying your base coat.





If this doesn't work you can always try going to a Beauty salon and have Bio Sculpture Gel applied to your nails. The gels come in a range of over 70 colours and once applied they will last for anywhere from 2-5 weeks before having them refilled. They don't chip, peel, lift and they strengthen your nails.





You could also try using Creative nail colours, they are good quality and last really well

No comments:

Post a Comment