Wednesday, February 10, 2010

My nails keep peeling and breaking...what gives?

I used to have a serious issue when I was younger with biting my nails. It has just been recently (I'm 23 so for like the last 2 years) I have made a very conscience effort to not bite and really keep up with the polish to divert my habit. However, within the past 8 or so weeks my nails are constantly peeling and breaking, they have become so weak which has never been the case. Nothing really has changed, well except that I have started eating fish and chicken again after 6+ years of being a vegetarian but if anything I thought that would make them stronger. I still eat mainly the same just once or twice a week I'll have one of them in a meal. But other than that I cannot come up with a reason this sudden change in my nails has occured. I mean it's really really bad to where I have to cut my nails all the way down becuase they peel so far down. Any ideas on why this is happening? Any ideas on what I can do to stop it?


I'm anemic too if that counts for anything, have been though for 5 yearsMy nails keep peeling and breaking...what gives?
Being anaemic can have a knock on effect on things like nails, few points that might help:





Increase your calcium intake (milk, yoghurts, cheese) as nails thrive on calcium





Eat jelly cubes (straight from the pack if you can). Gelatine also contains stuff that your nails love.





Sally Hansen make an excellent product called Diamond Strength it's a clear lacquer (so immediately thickens/hardens the nail when its on) but also contains stuff that will help your nails grow stronger).





Obviously if it is pretty bad you should also ask your GP for help.My nails keep peeling and breaking...what gives?
Ur nails r probably thin and weak. Mine used to b just like that. Go to target and but the Sally Hanson Hardwrap nail polish. It comes in a little blue clearish bottle, and the nail polish is clear. just put it on, and every time it starts to chip off, put more on. Do this a 3-5 times (thats how long it took mine) and then they will stop doing that.
you can ask a doctor that the best idea :) i am sure he can hep u
Try putting a nail hardener on your nails.
put polish on them

No comments:

Post a Comment