Sunday, February 7, 2010

My nails break off very easily and sometimes they even start peeling in layers, i'm worried...!?

i take calcium supplements daily(for the past 2 months), and now i've started taking biotin supplements too for the past one month. but the problem still persists.. someone plzz help....My nails break off very easily and sometimes they even start peeling in layers, i'm worried...!?
I have exactly the same problem.





I just make sure I wear clear nail polish at all times. However, sometimes I can see little peely bits underneath and temptation draws me to pick at them. So now I always wear a colour on top to block that. %26amp; they grow beautifully! :)





If you don't want to wear nail polish, I can suggest going to a drugstore and buying some nail treatment such as cream or varnish. Prices range from 拢3+. I saw one exactly for this problem in Boots for 拢5.86 (don't remember the name, can't find it on the website, but it was varnish style). They'll be by the makeup brushes, fake nails etc.





Good luck.My nails break off very easily and sometimes they even start peeling in layers, i'm worried...!?
Keep on taking the supplements and try painting on a nail strengthener, like OPI, or Nail inc's Hyde park base coat or Nailtique's protein formula no.2.





They are all good - you paint them on your nails for several days, some for 4 days others for a week and they bond the layers together making them stronger whilst conditioning at the same time. Also rub in a cuticle cream every night. Good luck!
You might just have very thin nails. All my family does. But you can help the breaking and peeling by painting your nails with a clear nail polish. It'll kind of give it an extra layer of thickness.
make sure you're also eating a good amount of protein. that's what your nails are made of, and it won't matter how many supplements you take if you aren't eating right. :)
  • loose skin
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment