Tuesday, February 2, 2010

How can I stop my nails from peeling?

I keep my nails pretty short. There's not usually much white showing. But I still have a problem with the top layer of my nails peeling back! I tried growing them out, but the peeling grew with it and when i cut it, it peeled right off again. Anybody have any idea how to stop this?How can I stop my nails from peeling?
I have the same problem, and my doctor has told me that it is due to one of two things (or possibly both). One is simply genetics, which we can't change. The other is overexposure to water. Our nails can actually absorb a lot of water, such as when you wash dishes or bathe, and then, as the water dries out, it can cause a separation of those top layers of cells. Ironically, that separation is caused by the ultimate dehydration of the nail.





How do you prevent it? Minimize your exposure to water. Wear gloves if washing dishes. Minimize the time your hands are in the tub or shower. And contrary to a lot of old advice to ';let your nails breathe,'; the best solution to this problem is to keep your nails painted, whether with a clear or colored polish or with a treatment such as mentioned previously. Just make sure that what you use doesn't dry out your nails further by containing alcohol, formaldehyde, DBP, or toluene.





Last, use hand cream as often as you can remember. I have been using one by Rescue Beauty Lounge that is really pricy, but it smells divine and is the first thing I've found that really seems to make a difference. Be diligent and patient, and these things should help you out.How can I stop my nails from peeling?
try using Nailtiques. it's a clear coat of protein used over and under your colored polish. they have different formulas for different problem nails. you can get it at higher-end salons or even walgreens.
Use nail hardener. Its clear and it goes on just like nail polish, after a while it will stop your nails from peeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment