Tuesday, February 2, 2010

How do I stop biting my nails, and peeling the skin of my fingers?

Im having real trouble with peeling the skin off my fingers. I know, its really gross, but I cant stop. Ive done it since I was a child.


The problem is, the stuff that I tried to put on my nails (the stuff that tastes really bad...) does not help at all.


I play guitar, and it really hurts my fingers, because again, im peeling the skin off my fingers and cant stop... So I cant use lotion or anything to stop me...


I've tried chewing on pencils, sweaters, etc. but they dont work either...How do I stop biting my nails, and peeling the skin of my fingers?
I bit mine because of nerves.





I loved the way they looked long, but just could not stop biting and peeling around the cuticle.





If it's nerves, and nail biting usually is, that is the problem you have to address.





I decided one day, that it was the last day I was going to bite my nails. The next morning, after I got out of the shower, I took fingernail clippers to get all the extra dead skin away from my fingernail. I filed what was left of the nail smooth. Then applied nailtiques. It's a protein you can buy at Walgreen's. It rocks. Makes your nails grow fast and strong. It's not like that other stuff that doesn't let your nails breath. When you take it off, you have healthy nails!





When I would go to bite them, I would actually ask myself...what in the world am I so nervous about?? I couldn't come up with an answer....It took some work, but once they get past the finger tip, I won't touch them cause they look so nice. The nailtiques get them to that point faster!





Good luck to you.How do I stop biting my nails, and peeling the skin of my fingers?
try wrapping your fingers w/ tape. worked for me. using gloves helps too.
These a are nervous habits. try learning about meditation and visualization.





Imagine yourself not doing these things, and yet, being relaxed nd healthier.
peel garlic it helps me
When I get tips and acrylic on my nails, I stop picking at them and they grow long and look very pretty.
try using something that has a bad taste to it just put it on ur nails and ur done thats what ciera says

No comments:

Post a Comment