Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Daughter has finger nails peeling from nail bed?

My 4 year old has 3 fingernails that have started to separate and peel from the nail bed. My kids had hand foot and mouth about 6 wks ago and since then she picks her dead skin -- from the blisters. Now she is picking off the top part of her nail that has separated. Her thumb nail is now all lumpy and bumpy like when someone loses a nail. I am hoping she is not going to end up with a bunch of lumpy bumpy nails.





Has anyone seen anything like this before???Daughter has finger nails peeling from nail bed?
I would take her to a dermatologist right away.Daughter has finger nails peeling from nail bed?
It's a side effect from the hand foot and Mouth disease, this happened to my son also, We took him to the pediatrician because his nails were coming off, his doctor didn't know the cause at the time but then contacted me with some Literature which said it was a side effect from the virus.

Report Abuse

No comments:

Post a Comment